News Ticker

Monday, August 4, 2008

It's true you can't teach an old dog new tricks...

It's very early Monday morning, I made that same wonderful mistake as I make too many Sundays, I took a nap, not a long 3 hour nap, just an hour or so, it feels so good at the time that it almost makes the consequences worth it. Almost, but not as I sit here in my current state... wide awake at oh-dark-thirty, wishing for sleep to overtake me, I tried to count sheep, they were already sleeping. So my mind started thinking through all that was happening or scheduled to happen this week and well, here I sit paying for an hours nap, three hours past bed-time.

The worst part about it is, I knew when I went to take a nap this would happen, it happens every Sunday night/Monday morning. I just forget how miserable I am while paying for the luxury and sheer joy that the afternoon nap provides. Maybe next Sunday I'll remember, but I doubt it.

I hope you all slept well

No comments: