News Ticker

Friday, October 3, 2008

Sample letter to send to your congressmen

Thanks to my buddy Brandon this is a sample letter that we should all send to those offending parties that have weakened our freedoms.

See how your senator voted
See how your rep voted

Mr. Congressman, I see that you voted "No" against the original bailout bill that the President and many others on the other side of the isle tried to scare America into accepting.

However, I see you voted "Yes" to the new bill that the Senate passed. The same bill that was laden with millions in earmarks/pork spending.

I am very disappointed in your vote today, as well as all other votes of yes from the Louisiana delegation.

Today, The President of the United States, The US House of Representatives, and the United States Senate showed that the common American is irrelevant. Instead the government has shown that it rather bail out the lobbyists on Wall Street rather than punishing them.

Rather than follow practical principles such as recommended by former Speaker Newt Gingrich, the GOP cowed to the other side to save face, and now myself, my children, and my children's, children will suffer in the long run.

It's nice to know that my tax dollars will now go to keeping corrupt CEO's in their golden thrones, and that I'm helping to pay for wooden arrow tips, and giving tax breaks to Puerto Rican Rum makers and race track owners.

Instead of passing substantial reform to fix the problem, the US Government has essentially nationalized the economy. Throwing money will not fix the situation, but only make it worse.

Mr. Alexander, I am highly disappointed in your "Yes" vote today. Come time for re-election you will not receive my vote.

2 comments:

Jo Jo said...

Thank you, THANK YOU, thank you! Amy Jo

Becky said...

I will go and do...I am interested to see how mine voted....